In June 2013, the EPDA Board reviewed its strategic direction to ensure that the three goals below, will achieve its aim of developing constructive relationships with key stakeholders, particularly its member organisations.
Strategic goal 1: Share
The EPDA needs to:
- act as a facilitator for frequent, quality dialogue and the sharing of successful activities across its member organisation (MO) network
- act as a central contact and conduit for its MOs so they can access specific resources that already exist within other MOs
- share successful activities in order to maximise the impact of the MOs’ pooled resources across Europe.
Strategic goal 2: Develop
- provide targeted information and support to MOs where necessary
- support MOs in achieving their core aims and objectives
- enable MOs to strengthen the impact of their national activities
- encourage and develop partnerships with influential stakeholders in the world of Parkinson's.
Strategic goal 3: Lead
Acting as the voice for Parkinson’s in Europe, the EPDA needs to:
- strive to place Parkinson’s at the top of the European political agenda
- provide a strong voice in Europe with key decision makers when fighting for the interests of people living with Parkinson’s and their families
- raise awareness of important and emerging European agendas.