You can view and download the map of the route here.
Whether the sun’s shining or it’s pouring with rain, the European Unity Walk will go ahead as planned. Before the walk begins, there will be short presentations and gentle warm-up routines from special guest speakers.
Join us for the gentle 1.1-kilometre walk through the centre of the city of Luxembourg.
- The route begins at The Grand Theatre de la ville de Luxembourg, referred to by locals as the New Theatre. Built in the 1960s to mark the millennium of Luxembourg, the theatre is a state-of-the-art building that was designed by Parisian architect Alain Bourbonnais. The building embodies European collaboration, as the building materials and the fittings come from Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, and Switzerland.
- Walk down the tree-lined Avenue de la Porte-Neuve.
- Cross over the Boulevard Royal, one of Luxembourg City's primary arteries and home of much of Luxembourg's large financial services industry, including the Banque Centrale du Luxembourg.
- On to the pedestrian zone through Rue Philippe II, famous for its shops and restaurants.
- Finally turning left on to Boulevard Franklin Delano Roosevelt and The Monument of Remembrance with the statue of the Golden Lady.
- 10.30: Participants arrive
- and make their own posters/placards to support the walk
- 11.00 - 11.10 Arrival of Their Royal Highnesses the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess of Luxembourg
- 11.10 - 11.30: speeches/warm-up routine
- 11.30: the walk begins
- 12.30-12.45: the walk finishes and the entertainments begin
- 12.45: Sticky Fingers Rolling Stones Tribute band
- 13.30: Tango dancing
- 13.45: Parkinson's Boxing demonstration and Sticky Fingers Rolling Stones Tribute band
- 15.00: end of the event
The remainder of the afternoon is free for sightseeing.