The REMPARK system will continuously provide data to the central server concerning the PD status and associated parameters of its patients. These data include not only sensor measurements, but also objective metadata and subjective symptomatic information provided by the PwPs using the Smart Phone interface.
It is thus expected that REMPARK will in this way enhance the active and regular participation of the PwPs in care processes. Doctors will be able to provide feedback to the system, adjusting the Parkinson's assessment and treatment regime individually for each of their patients monitored by REMPARK.
Some strategic results expected:
- A large labelled database containing ambulatory activity of PwPs will be available.
- Knowledge extracted from the labelled database will be embedded in the implemented intelligent models.
- A self-adaptive cueing system will be developed for FOG overcoming.
- High-level intelligent data processing on the REMPARK server will be implemented for assisting doctors with the management of the disease in PwPs.
- Expected reduction of the hospitalisation of PwPs using the system.
- Expected improvement in the management of the disease.
- Precise detection of ON/OFF/Dyskinesia states on a large sample of PwPs.
- Improved medical knowledge on Parkinson’s disease through the quantitative evaluation of associated motor problem states.
- While it may be difficult to evaluate the impact of REMPARK on the indirect costs of Parkinson’s disease, the achievement of better control of the ON/OFF periods with PwPs, should result in a significant percentage of people requiring less assistance and should consequently increase the duration of their active professional lives.