TreatER is a project that received a European Commission Horizon 2020 grant in December 2016 for a clinical study in Parkinson's with two unique goals:
- Proof-of-concept of a new treatment to modify disease progression
- Validation of a clinically tested device for delivering the new drug directly into the brain.
The project consortium has 11 members, including leading academic universities and the EPDA. The partners are working together towards the above goals in order to improve the lives of people affected by Parkinson’s.
- Herantis Pharma Oyj - Finland
- Renishaw PLC - United Kingdom
- Skåne Läns Landsting (Skåna University Hospital) - Sweden
- Helsingin Ja Uudenmaan Sairaanhoitopiirin Kuntayhtymä (Helsinki and Uusimaa Hospital District) - Finland
- Stockholms Läns Landsting (Karolinska University Hospital) - Sweden
- University of Helsinki - Finland
- European Parkinson’s Disease Association - Belgium
- Orion Corporation - Finland
- University of Oxford - United Kingdom
- H Lundbeck AS – Denmark