There are many advantages to being an EPDA member. The main ones are listed below, but if you have any questions about the benefits we offer, please email email@example.com.
The EPDA works with its members by:
Sharing expertise, knowledge and experience
We work closely with our stakeholders to share good practices from around Europe and the world, particularly high-quality Parkinson’s-specific initiatives, resources and information.
Connecting the Parkinson’s community
The EPDA's network of partners and supporters includes:
- Parkinson’s organisations on a national, European and global level
- healthcare professionals from around the world
- people with Parkinson's, their families and carers
- the treatment industry
- policymakers and decision makers on a national and European level
- European health-related umbrella organisations.
We are perfectly placed to work with our network of partners and members to:
- Form partnerships that directly benefit people with Parkinson’s and their families.
- Highlight national and regional best practices at a European and global level with the aim of establishing higher-quality standards of Parkinson’s care and reducing inequalities.
- Provide a forum where Parkinson’s-related organisations and individuals can work, share and innovate together.
- Help our members play their part in the European legislative consultation process.
- Share opportunities for our members to participate in European Parkinson’s-related educational events and activities.
- Promote our members’ activities to Parkinson’s stakeholders across Europe and worldwide.
Offering access to online resources
Our website is designed to keep the entire Parkinson's community up to date on the latest disease-related news, research and information, as well as the EPDA's own projects, activities and resources. Discover the following online resources:
Introducing the largest European online Parkinson's library. From identifying symptoms and offering advice on how to live a full live to the latest treatments and therapies, find everything you need to know about the condition here.
Please note: to make our information available world-wide and to as many people as possible, Google Translate has been added to our website and the content is now available in more than 100 languages.
Our award-winning online magazine aims to deliver quality content to the global Parkinson’s community. It is a platform to share inspiring stories, essential resources and latest research about Parkinson's.
My PD Journey
This groundbreaking multi-stakeholder Parkinson's initiative, led by the EPDA, aims to create a sustainable environment that ensures people with Parkinson’s receive optimal and timely access to appropriate diagnosis, treatment and care throughout the progression of their disease.
The EPDA seeks active contributions from all of our members on the above projects. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Contributing to Parkinson’s research
A vital part of our work is data collection – gathering evidence from people with Parkinson’s and their families about what constitutes a good quality of life. We have 20 years’ experience understanding people’s unique journeys, and no other organisation is doing this on the geographical scale that we are. Our evidence is clear: patients are not receiving the standards of care that disease specialists recognise as being best practice. We closely involve all of our members in each of our data collection projects, and we share the results with them too.
We are also active partners within a number of European research projects too.