Welcome video from Veronica Clark, EPDA president
A key EPDA strategic aim is to “facilitate the free flow of good Parkinson’s-related practices across and between European countries” – and this statement lies at the heart of our membership offer.
Please find below what the EPDA can offer you when becoming a member.
"Being a member of the EPDA is very stimulating!" - France Parkinson, France
By becoming an EPDA member, we will share information about what is happening in the wider world of Parkinson’s, outside of your own country. You will be able to exchange good practice and connect with like-minded organisations.
- We provide high-quality and up-to-date Parkinson’s information via our website, social media, mailshots and Parkinson’s Life online magazine.
- You will get access to validated research and scientific resources.
- We will share important global surveys and other data collection projects, from Europe and the rest of the world. These will help you get a better understanding of the Parkinson’s landscape – the results can also be used to help your own national advocacy work.
- Please find below a video from Francesco, our Stakeholder Partnership Manager, speaking on the data collection work that we do:
- You will learn about important Parkinson’s-related projects, initiatives and good practices that are already taking place across Europe. For example, here are some of the EPDA’s projects that have benefited from our members’ support and engagement – but there are many others currently taking place!
- Many members find they gain visibility from being part of a European organisation.
"Being a member of the EPDA allows us to be part of a global network around Parkinson's disease, through which to share information, best practices and knowledge to improve the quality of life of people living with Parkinson's." - Federación Española de Párkinson, Spain
Being an EPDA member connects you with the wider Parkinson’s community and provides ideal opportunities to network with your European colleagues.
- We connect you with other EPDA member organisations in a number of ways via:
- our exclusive members’ meetings and annual general meeting
- email communications with our members' newsletter, you can find an example here
- access to our dedicated members’ forum
- our working groups. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with our member organisations on subjects of interest such as advocacy or research.
- If you request our help we can use our networks to help introduce you to:
- other national and regional Parkinson’s organisations across the world
- people with Parkinson’s and their families and carers
- healthcare professionals
- the treatment industry
- policymakers at a national and European level
- European health-related umbrella organisations
"Being an active EPDA member allows us to be an integral part of advocacy at the European level, thus having the potential to shape health policies in the European Union." - France Parkinson, France
EPDA membership supports your work, and gives you the opportunity to get your voice heard at a European level.
- We provide you with the opportunity to share your national projects and initiatives with a wider European audience.
- We support your national activities, including your World Parkinson's Day (WPD) activities.
- If available, you can apply for our EPDA member’s grants, which can financially support your work at a national level.
- You can attend exclusive member meetings and workshops on topics of interest. Some examples being: advocacy, communications or research.
- Please find below some screenshots from our communications workshop as well as the downloadable slides:
EPDA Communications workshop for members slides
- Please find below some highlights from our advocacy workshop:
- We can offer support and advice on
- a) replicating other members’ initiatives in your country and/or
- b) replicating your initiatives in other members’ countries.
- We support your national advocacy plans by echoing them at a European level through our Parkinson’s Advocacy Group (PAG).
"As an umbrella organisation the EPDA is the biggest mouthpiece and contact within the EU Parliament to give people with Parkinson a VOICE." - Parkinson Schweiz, Switzerland
EPDA Membership benefits brochure
Please click below to download a copy of our Membership benefits brochure which in a one-page PDF consolidates all the information given on this website.
EPDA Membership benefits brochure
Other opportunities the EPDA membership can offer you
- By becoming an EPDA member, your organisation has the opportunity to put forward a representative to apply to become an EPDA Board member – click here to find out more details.